Here’s Shadowhunters ep 7 (already?!) round up.
In other news, I have started reading The Mortal Instruments book 1, City of Bones. I…will wait to pass judgement on it. Spoilers to follow.
- “I’d be like Beyoncé riding on a dinosaur through Times Square.”
- I love Simon’s fam
- but could have done with out the ableist slur chucked in there
- Izzy ships Malec!!
- I really really really like the bond between the Lightwood siblings and how much they care for each other. Alec recognises what Izzy’s trying to do re: complete outward-appearance change and Izzy’s totally supportive of Alec
- I love Magnus
- I love Luke
- Clary was less annoying this week and I actually didn’t hate the Jace/Clary storyline
- thank God the love angle is over. I wanted to punch myself in the face every time it happened
- Alberto Rosende (Simon) is a Rly Good Actor
- Izzy and Alec’s reactions to the Jace/Clary kiss are me and my housemate when my other housemate gets with people in the club and our cockblocking fails
- which amused us highly
- Maureen is so cute
- although I can’t help thinking that the whole thing was just Simon ‘proving’ to Jace that there are loadsa girls that like him as he said last week which = gross + also poor Maureen
- my housemate pre-empted everything Jace was gonna say in the evidence room and is now him
- I feel like a bad thing to do in a ‘being attacked’ situation is a) split up and b) leave the most inexperienced fighter on their own
- so when’s that whole big bombshell about Clary having a brother gonna be dropped, and how will it impact on the characters after they find out?
- wait, that happened already?
- WHY WAS IT NOT MENTIONED AT ALL THIS WEEK
- BECAUSE REASONS??
- why did Clary need a lighty thing in the police evidence room if she had a night vision rune
- Jace “how did you know the demon wasn’t really me” Wayland vs Clary “I didn’t know for sure and stabbed it anyway” Fray
- WHY DID VARGAS DIE UGH WHY I LIKED HER
- but seriously. What was the actual plot-related reason to kill her?
- when Luke was in her office, my housemate was like, “she’s gonna be a demon, isn’t she?” and I was like, “no, she’s gonna be dead.”
- and she was.
- Jace (character) is actually a pretty good actor. Genuinely laughed at his awful boyfriend impression
- Clary finally got the Cup! Hurrah
So, yeah. Onto episode 8?