Here’s my round up of thoughts on episode 6 of Shadowhunters. Spoilers under the cut.
- “We break noses and accept the consequences”
- [soft chanting] malec malec malec
- [chanting grows louder] MALEC MALEC MALEC
- like have you seen how much Alec’s face lights up when he’s around Magnus???
- Jace is such a dick oh my god
- I love it
- I mean what
- was the whole Simon paying up his side of the bet and saying, ‘It’s okay’ supposed to mean he’s giving Jace ‘permission’ to be with Clary? If so, Gross
- BIG REVEAL OOOP
- Clary has a brother! Shocker
- Ron/Ginny fanfic though so
- please can we stop with the “this villain wasn’t just consumed with hatred for a group of people but was actually [insert ableist word here]”
- because this is used enough in the real world to demonise mentally ill people (e.g. after white men commit mass shootings) without still being a thing in fiction as well
- and I mean the ‘lets blame the actions of an evil man on the woman who once loved him but doesn’t anymore’ thing was a no
- let’s be clear here: Jocelyn and Luke weren’t responsible for turning Valentine into an evil killer. Valentine was responsible for turning Valentine into an evil killer
- IZZY BABY dressing like mama lightwood and going against her whole self
- 😦 😦
- although I don’t really understand – was it supposed to be so she’s more ‘respectable’ and can attract a ‘better calibre’ of marriage partner so Alec doesn’t have to get married?
- in the Clary/Jace (Clace?) scene I was like, “I bet Simon walks in” and he walked in like a second later. I got told by my housemate that I should write the show instead
- Izzy helping Max practice his runes was very very cute
- what was with Clary’s strawberry jam blood on her forehead. Why didn’t she wipe it off at some point. Ew
- idk my overriding memories of this episode are numerous flashbacks to people who look marginally like their modern-day counterparts and Magnus Bane just being a babe all over everything
- I mean I don’t really don’t have that much to say
- who knew the biscotti was a major plot point
- genuinely, not me
- this episode seemed to bounce around all over the place between Lightwoods, flashbacks, Clary and Luke, Jace and Simon, Magnus…and I don’t really remember any of it, hence why there are so few bullet points this time around
On that note, see you next time for episode 7!